Saturday, November 6, 2010

Here we go ...

After years of ignoring this whole blog thing I'm finally thinking I should give this a try. I have always been horrible at keeping journals ... I start writing and then about 3 weeks later the entries become scarce and then eventually nonexistent. Well, and then I'm still not convinced that writing a "journal" and then putting it out for everyone to see is my "thing." But I guess I will give it a try ...

What will I be writing about? Good question! I always thought it would be fun to collect stories about all the adventures my family and I are experiencing - our travels, hikes, local explorations, and activities. Many ups ... but maybe also some of our downs.

The kids and I try to be out as much as possible - there is nothing worse for me than to be stuck in the house with an 8 and 5-year old who are constantly getting at each other. So out we go ... hiking, the zoo, the library, the botanical garden, the planetarium, the swimming pool, the ice-cream shop ... the list is long. If it is a gloomy day we "look for the sun" with some fun indoor activities.

I picked the blog name "Der Weg zur Sonne" as it applies to so many things in my life. If it is finding something fun to do with my kids on a "boring" Sunday afternoon, or trusting that there is always something good hidden behind a tragedy, this attitude towards life has helped me through many tough times and continues to inspire me to keep my eyes ahead and my heart open. (Of course there are some things in life where it is hard to find the good ... keeping my eyes on the sun helps me to gravitate towards the people who can help me get my strength back to deal with whatever is going on.)

So here we go ... auf dem Weg zur Sonne ...


No comments:

Post a Comment